Current UCSC Student

You are a current student if: 

  • You took classes at UCSC this spring


  • To enroll in summer classes: simply log on to and add summer classes to your cart like you would the rest of the year.
    • Course details are available in Class Search on April 1
    • Enrollment opens for all students on May 1
    • If you cannot attend a course you're enrolled in, you must drop yourself. Instructors do not drop students for non-attendance. If you are enrolled, you will be responsible for paying the tuition.
    • If you drop all courses before June 29, the campus fee will be refunded. It is non-refundable after that.
    • There is a non-refundable $50 cancellation fee if you drop all your summer classes.
  • If you were enrolled at UCSC in Spring and did not apply to graduate, but do not see an option for summer enrollment, please contact us at (831) 459-5373 or
  • If you did not take classes this spring but have attended UCSC in the past and did not graduate, visit our former UCSC student page for next steps.

Financial Aid

  • UCSC students eligible for Financial Aid should review the summer Financial Aid information and stop by the Financial Aid office located at Hahn 205.
  • The Financial Aid office is happy to help students figure out their summer aid options and review your summer package. 


  • Introducing the Ambitious Summer Award! Students who complete 15 credits or more receive a $680 award towards tuition. 
  • Students must stay enrolled in 15 or more credits for the $680 discount. It is applied in August, after the end of all drop periods. 
  • Last summer, 608 students completed 15 or more units and their average summer GPA was 3.09!


  • Tuition for the 2017 Summer Session is $273 per credit, see our fees page for more details. 

Housing / Dining

  • Summer Session students have the option to live on campus. For Summer 2017, students will live in Porter college, home to the iconic Porter Squiggle!
  • Room rates for Summer Session are discounted by 50% from the preceding academic year room rates. 

Summer Sticker

  • Your summer sticker is good ALL SUMMER regardless of which session(s) you're enrolled in! For example, even if you're just taking classes in session 1, your sticker still works throughout session 2.
  • Regardless of what session you are taking classes, you can pick up your sticker at the Summer Session office in Hahn 140 after June 26. 

2017 Session 1 Dates

Registration Period April 1 - June 15

Enrollment Opens May 1

Session 1 Dates June 26-July 28

Add Deadline June 29

Drop Deadline July 3

Withdrawal Period July 4 - July 14

2017 Session 2 Dates

Registration Period April 1 - June 15

Enrollment Opens May 1

Session 2 Dates July 31 - September 1

Add Deadline August 3

Drop Deadline August 7

Withdrawal Period August 8 - August 18

Check our calendar for more dates, including important deadlines for 8 and 10-week classes.