Summer Academy is an exciting opportunity for all new slugs to transition into a world-class research institution. You’ll get a head start on degree requirements while experiencing a rigorous academic environment with dedicated faculty in small classes that support your success.
Living in the residence halls with Peer Mentors and Resident Assistants, you will not only make great connections with peer mentors, classmates, and roommates but also learn how to navigate campus life. Summer Academy also includes a ton of fun, including Bay Area road trips and exploration of the University’s unique location, culture, community, and identity.
After accepting your admission to UCSC for fall. Follow these steps:
- Register for the First Year Academy starting April 1
- Submit Financial Aid Information by May 31 or earlier
- Enroll in Courses by May 31 or earlier
- Submit Housing Application starting May 10
- Register for Summer Orientation by June 4
- Confirm your attendance in the Academy by June 30
- Get Packing!
Questions about the First Year Academy?