Visiting Student Registration
2017 registration begins April 1 and runs through June 15.
The first step to enroll is registration!
- Submit your online registration
- Indicate that you are a visiting student. If you are from another UC, be sure to provide your home UC student ID so that your transcripts can be automatically transferred over!
- Pay the nonrefundable $50 registration fee.
- Once submitted, please sit tight! It can take up to two weeks to process your registration, set up your student ID number, your transcripts and billing, activate your enollment, and more.
- When processing is complete, you will receive an email with your UCSC student ID number, your CruzID (email address) and access to set up your passwords so you're able log in to your MyUCSC portal. Please view our page on navigating MyUCSC for assistance with adding classes, changing passwords, etc.
- This confirms your registration process is complete.
- Then you can enroll in courses!
Instructors may be contacting you via your UCSC gmail:
The UCSC Email system is powered by Google. All faculty, staff, and students have an individual UCSC Google Gmail account (cruzID@ucsc.edu).
This is the email at which instructors will reach you. You can log on to this via your MyUCSC portal, or through gmail once you are sent your login information. To login, use your cruzID@gmail.com and your Cruz ID Blue password. This is especially important if you are in an online course, as your access information for the class will be sent to you through this.